Search For a Topic

Friday, January 13, 2012

Reality, or just a Dream?



So everybody whose pretty much anybody has played a video game at some point in their lives. Many people are consumed by them on a daily basis myself included...That is when my schedule has any kind of leisure time.


Where are games going?


What I'm really talking about is this. How realistic can video games get before a person is actually back to playing reality? Developers keep desperately trying to get more realistic with games, but the only way a game can truly get that realistic play is if one actually gets back to reality. It'll be like playing marbles or having a water balloon fight, but more overpriced. People may not realize what they're actually paying for. I think a lot of people get into things, and stay with them for so long that though they change, people don't notice. The changes though dramatic, are unseen.

We've already had 'sort of' video reality  games...Simon for instance, okay so its not really 'video,' but it has bright lights. That's pretty old school for interactive gaming. I wonder if we can look forward to more video related games like Simon, but more advanced. Maybe something more along the lines of Tron. It's funny to think our future might be something like Tron, it's also kind of exciting to think about.

I'd love it if games stay'd right where they are, but technology is always moving forward. Although, I can't deny that I'm curious about what's in store for games.




I leave you with a quote from my friend Jaime: "If we wanted to play real life we would go outside."

No comments: