Search For a Topic

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Change

I know this technically wasn't on the original topics list, so what? I've added it. I just felt the need to express something within this.

So without further ado...

---

Change? Does it happen?

Growing up, we might not notice the changes that take affect, but the people around us might, unless it's a very subtle change. I've been sitting here contemplating this concept. I'm not sure why, it just came to me.

I've come to realize that I have changed. I'm not the same person I use to be. I try harder to control my feelings and stay content with my life, as opposed to my childhood self who succumbed to the darkness. As a child, my whole life was all about video games and friends, and just having a good time outside on a hot day. Now? I hardly go outside, I don't exercise as much as I should, among other things. Is this what it means to be an adult? To finally grasp that the worlds not black and white. The woman whose just fighting to find a way to survive, just like everyone else, but in her own way. It's a struggle, and even now it's not an easy one. I hope some day I find that path, the one I'm meant to be on, but as for now, I guess I just have to sit waiting for the answer.

Love, the only concept that still exists through age and wisdom; but with a more realistic thought as opposed to a truly fantasy world. After all, nobody wants to be alone.

Have I changed? Mostly. But is my kind and gentleness still in existence? I'd like to think so, apart from slight lapsing in between.

Change, I wonder if we all go through it, or if only some of us must journey through quicksand. Can some people slide through life without feeling the tugs that life brings?

No comments: