Search For a Topic

Friday, May 27, 2011

Video Games

I guess it's a good time for me to talk about video games since I've been playing them a lot lately. Does anyone else notice how addicting some games are?

I've been playing the first Halo game again and I find no matter how many times I beat it, I still love slaughtering those Covenant! Even on Legendary it's still fun to play through, though a bit more difficult. I can go on and on about FPS that I enjoy. Tribes, Tribes Vengeance, UT, UT 2k4, Half-life, Wolf Team....Yeah lets just say I like FPS. Nothing is more satisfactory than blowing shit up in a FPS. Not to mention headshots. Boom. ;)

I've been playing a lot of Dungeon Fighter Online(which is a game run by Nexon). I did take some breaks in between for a couple of days to get some other stuff done but I started playing again yesterday. A new patch for the game is going to come out on the 15th and I discovered I have a lot of work to do before it does. For those of you who don't know, DFO is a side scrolling MMORPG and it's freaking awesome. This game is so addicting, that if I open the game with the intent of only checking my auctions, I just have to play it. The urge just takes me.

Are games good? I hear they aren't the worst thing ever, though I guess if all you do is sit on your butt and play them, it could be bad for your health...They've been telling us these days it's not good to sit all day, it can cause heart attacks. How am I going to play my games if I'm not sitting all day? Haha. I love games too much when I get into them. I get lost in them and forget the world, I guess that's when it's a matter of addiction.

Have you guys ever gotten addicted to a game? I know a lot of people who've gotten addicted to WOW. I played it until my trial ran out, and I played it all day everyday. It wasn't really that the games addictive, it's more or less that I wanted to feel like I accomplished some goals in the game, completing quests. That's the part that's most addictive in MMORPG'S.

It's not as if I'm playing by myself either. I can't stand to play games by myself unless it's something like Halo on Single-Player mode(even then I'd prefer Co-op if I could get it)...But as far as online games go, I always play with my best friend. Without him, I don't think I could tolerate most games for very long. It's a nice way to connect with someone.

That's all I can really think of, to say about games at this time. If you have any comments, questions, something else you'd like to know as far as games are related, please comment!

No comments: